This Bang Bang Cauliflower Pizza has a creamy vegan sauce, crispy cauliflower, red onion, bell pepper and the best bang bang sauce!
I love crispy cauliflower. I love bang bang sauce. And I LOVE pizza. So this recipe is everything I could ever ask for. You get plenty of crunch from the crust and cauliflower. There's a creamy "cheese" sauce that is my go-to for all of my pizza recipes. And the bang bang sauce adds a little kick.
How to make the crispy cauliflower
While the dough is coming to room temperature, prepare the cauliflower. Make a wet dredge and cut ½ a head of cauliflower into florets. Dip each floret in the wet dredge, then in a bowl of panko. Place the coated florets on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for 10 more.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and set aside. Increase the oven heat and prep the pizza.
How to assemble Bang Bang Cauliflower Pizza
While the cauliflower is cooking, you can prep the sauces. The first sauce is the "cheese" for the pizza. I make this by combining vegan cream cheese and non-dairy creamer. This makes the best pizza cheese without any weird flavors - that I find in most vegan cheese.
The other sauce is the star - bang bang sauce. Combine vegan mayo, sriracha and rice vinegar. You won't add this until the pizza comes out of the oven.
To make the pizza, stretch out pre-made dough on an oiled baking sheet. Spread it out until it reaches your desired thickness. Pour out the cream cheese mixture, this will be the base. Add the cooked cauliflower, bell pepper and red onion on top. Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet after 10 minutes.
How to serve Bang Bang Cauliflower Pizza
Once the crust is crispy, remove the pizza from the oven. Slice it and drizzle with the bang bang sauce and cilantro. You may not need all of the bang bang sauce, but it is also good for dipping, or save it for another recipe.
You can check out my other bang bang recipes here:
Bang Bang Cauliflower Pizza
- 16 ounces pre-made pizza dough
- olive oil
- ½ head cauliflower cut in florets
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons sriracha separated
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons water
- panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese I used Kite Hill
- 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy creamer I used Ripple
- ½ bell pepper sliced
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- cilantro for serving
- Add some oil to a baking sheet and place the dough on it for 30-60 minutes, or until room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, corn starch, salt, white pepper, 1 tablespoon sriacha, non-dairy milk and water in a bowl. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, spread out some panko.
- Dredge cauliflower in the wet mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Place in the panko and coat on all sides. Add the finished floret to the baking sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and increase oven heat to 500 degrees.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the bang bang sauce by combining the vegan mayo, rice vinegar and remaining sriracha (you can use 1-3 tablespoons depending on your spice preference) in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine the vegan cream cheese and non-dairy cream in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- To assemble stretch the dough out on the baking sheet until it is your desired thickness. Spread out the cream cheese mixture to the edge of the dough. Top with the cauliflower, bell pepper and red onion. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and top with the bang bang sauce & cilantro.