20-Minute Teriyaki Soba Noodles
These 20-Minute Teriyaki Soba Noodles are filled with mushrooms, garlic & bok choy. The simple vegan dinner you need for busy weeknights!
Having quick dinners like this in your back pocket is a MUST for those crazy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time, and honestly, don’t feel like cooking. Soba noodles take no time to cook and everything else is cooked in one skillet. This can be thrown together in a pinch and you can swap out veggies depending on what you have on hand.
How to make 20-Minute Teriyaki Soba Noodles
Start by boiling some water. While you wait for that, chop the veggies. This is the most “intense” part of this recipe, and it will literally take you less than 10 minutes. I decided to use garlic, mushrooms, bok choy and green onion. You could really use anything, but here are some other ideas:
- bell pepper
Once everything is chopped, heat some sesame oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, whites of the green onion, mushrooms and stalks of the bok choy. Cook this down until the mushrooms release their liquid and then it cooks off. Add a couple tablespoons of store bought teriyaki sauce and let it caramelize the mushrooms.
This is another reason this recipe is so quick – we aren’t making sauce from scratch. We’re keeping it super simple!
At this point, you can add the soba noodles to the boiling water and let them boil for a few minutes.
How to finish 20-Minute Teriyaki Soba Noodles
The noodles cook super quick, so once they’re tender, drain them and add them to the skillet. Add in the greens of the bok choy and more teriyaki sauce. I like to add a little teriyaki sauce at a time until I find the perfect amount that coats everything and isn’t overly salty. So just add a couple tablespoons at a time until you find the sweet spot.
At this point, these are ready to eat. Top each bowl with the remaining green onion and some sesame seeds.
These noodles are literally the perfect weeknight dinner and even make great leftovers for lunch the next day!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
20-Minute Teriyaki Soba Noodles
- 2 bundles soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped small
- 3 bundles bok choy chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 bunch green onions chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce or to taste
- sesame seeds for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. While you wait for that to boil, prep the veggies. Add the soba noodles to the water. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.*
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms, whites of the bok choy, whites of the green onions, white pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook down until the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has cooked off (approx. 5 minutes). Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the soba noodles, greens of the bok choy and the rest of the teriyaki sauce.** Toss until everything is coated and heated through. Remove from the heat and serve with the remaining green onion and sesame seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!