These Zesty Vegan Chickpea Meatballs are crispy, hearty and healthy. Made with chickpeas, pistachios, brown rice, herbs and spices. Serve with pasta, salads or bowls.
If you follow me on Instagram then you know I have been making these Zesty Vegan Chickpea Meatballs on repeat! Not only do they make a big batch that you can eat over a few days, they are so delicious that you will want to make them again and again.
These chickpea meatballs are so hearty - made with chickpeas (obvi), pistachios, brown rice and panko breadcrumbs. To season them we are adding smoked paprika, garlic, red onion and a chipotle pepper. It is the perfect combo to make the ultimate vegan meatballs.
How to Make Zesty Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
Bake them for 25-30 minutes and you are in business. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes!
How to Serve Zesty Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
You have LOTS of options when it comes to serving these meatballs. Eat them on their own with a great dipping sauce or add them to your favorite pasta dish. You can also eat them in salads or bowls.
If you have leftovers, I also like to crumble a couple meatballs in a pan with some oil and cook them until super crunchy. Then eat them for breakfast as a hash brown alternative!
Again, so many options!
Need more chickpea recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
- BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Mediterranean Braised Chickpea Rice Bowls
- Roasted Chickpea Quinoa Bowls with Sesame Ginger Dressing
SHOP THE POST
Zesty Vegan Chickpea Meatballs
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pistachios shelled
- ½ red onion roughly chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients (except the breadcrumbs and rice)* to a food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. You can leave the mixture as chunky or smooth as you like - I personally like a few chunks in there.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture to a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs and rice until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 8 balls (you can make them smaller and do 12 instead) and place them on the baking sheet. Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Gently flip and cook them for an additional 10-15 minutes. You want them to be crispy on the outside
- Serve these meatballs with your favorite pasta, bowl or salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!