This Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta requires just a few staple ingredients and is easy…
This Vegan Taco Pasta has all the flavor of traditional tacos, but in casserole form. This vegan dinner is packed with veggies, soyrizo and pasta shells.
What’s better than actual tacos? This Vegan Taco Pasta of course!
Just imagine all of the things you love about tacos and then swap out the tortillas for pasta shells and you will have this recipe.
This casserole is one of those easy weeknight dinners that comes together super quickly, and will feed a small army.
Hot to make Vegan Taco Pasta
When it comes to making this Vegan Taco Pasta, it is pretty straightforward.
- Cook the pasta
- Saute your veggies and soyrizo
- Combine everything
- Eat it right away – or pop it in the oven for a couple minutes to get a nice char on top.
I told you it was going to be easy. You can serve this up with whatever toppings you want – avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, lime wedges. Basically anything you would put on regular tacos you can put on this pasta.
TSV TIP: I prefer Trader Joe’s or Kite Hill vegan cream cheese.
Need some more recipe inspo? Try one of these:
Vegan Taco Pasta
- 8 oz pasta, dried I used medium shells
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 oz soyrizo
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon No Beef Base*
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- cilantro, lime wedges, avocado, hot sauce for topping, optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add red onion, bell peppers, jalapeño and taco seasoning to the pan and sauté until veggies have softened (approx. 6-8 minutes).
- Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add the soyrizo. Crumble with a wooden spoon and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Combine the veggies and soyrizo.
- Add salsa, water, bouillon and cream cheese to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss until coated evenly.
- If baking, transfer to a baking dish and place in the oven under broil for 2-3 minutes – just to get a couple crunchy bits on top.**
- Serve with optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!