This Vegan Lemon Parmesan Pasta is one of my favorites. The lemon gives it a…
Simple and delicious, these Vegan Mushroom Garlic Parmesan Noodles are a delicious mix of angel hair pasta, sliced mushrooms, fresh garlic and parmesan.
There are lots of foods out there that we all ate before going vegan that we look back on fondly.
Most of mine include copious amounts of cheese.
But luckily, there are TONS of vegan alternatives that really do taste like the real thing.
One of those things is Vegan Parmesan. I’m not talking about nutritional yeast and cashews blended up. (I’ve tried that recipe and it tastes nothing like parmesan).
My go-to vegan parmesan is from GoVeggie. It’s cheap and it tastes good. And it doesn’t have that overly salty flavor that some other brands I have tried have.
I used to only be able to find it at Whole Foods, but it started popping up at my regular grocery stores the last couple months – yay, vegan win!
You can also get it online here.
Anyways, back to what we’re using this amazing parmesan for. This recipe is inspired by something I used to order at Yard House.
And while Yard House is one of my favorite places to eat out at because of all of their vegan options, this dish is unfortunately not one of them. BUT, with a few easy vegan swaps I was able to recreate it super easily.
Vegan butter, garlic, sliced mushrooms, “chicken” broth, and parmesan are mixed in with angel hair pasta and then topped with fresh green onion slices.
This recipes takes just 15 minutes from start to finish and is a comforting dish that will have you coming back for more.
Vegan Mushroom Garlic Parmesan Noodles
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 green onions diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Combine bouillon and water in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes (or until mushrooms have softened and broth has reduced).
- Drain pasta – reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add pasta and parmesan to the sauce and stir to combine. Slowly add pasta water as needed until desired sauce consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!