I have to admit...I have a little bit of a pesto obsession. And switching to a vegan diet has not kept me from getting my pesto fix.
And one of my favorite pre-vegan meals was a pesto wrap. This Vegan Chick'n Pesto Wrap is just as good (or better) than any wrap you could get at a restaurant. I combined my Vegan Cashew Pesto with a little bit of vegan mayo, spread it on a tortilla and topped it with all kinds of yummy goodies.
The chick'n I used for this recipe is from Beyond Meat. I really like their products - I mean this stuff seriously tastes like chicken. I don't eat faux meat very often, but I like to keep some in the freezer in case I ever have a craving for it. When I first went vegan faux meat was a staple in my diet. It definitely helps with the transition!
This is a perfect lunch or quick dinner.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Vegan Chick'n Pesto Wrap
- 2 tbsp. prepared pesto
- 1 tbsp. vega mayo
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 strips Beyond Meat Chick'n
- 1 to rtilla
- ½ cup lettuce or spinach
- 2 slices tomato cut in half
- ¼ avocado diced
- Combine pesto and mayo in a small bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add olive oil to a small pan over medium heat. Add chick'n to pan and cook until heated through - flipping halfway through cooking.
- Assemble wrap - spread pesto mayo down the center of the wrap and top with lettuce, tomato, chick'n and avocado.
- Wrap up tortilla and serve.