Vegan Korean Beef Taquitos
These Vegan Korean Beef Taquitos are addicting! Saucy vegan beef crumbles in corn tortillas & air-fried until crispy. Served with spicy mayo!
These might be my favorite thing I’ve made so far this year. The filling is sweet & spicy. The tortillas are sprinkled with sesame seeds and air fried (or baked) until crispy. And they are served up with a spicy mayo dipping sauce! So delicious.
How to Make the Filling
Start out by making the sauce – it is a combo of soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger powder and Gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes). Add everything to a bowl and stir to combine.
Heat some sesame oil in a skillet and add garlic, serrano pepper & green onions. Let it cook down for about a minute. Add in the vegan beef crumble and sauce. Let everything cook down for about 5 minutes. The sauce should be absorbed by the beef crumbles.
How to Make Taquitos
Heat the corn tortillas – I like to do this by wrapping them in a damp paper towel & microwaving them for 60 seconds. Brush some oil onto one side of a tortilla, flip it over and add some filling. Roll it up and place it seam side down in the air fryer basket (see notes for baking).
Repeat with the remaining ingredients and sprinkle the taquitos with sesame seeds. Pop them in the air fryer and cook until crispy. You will probably need to work in batches – I was able to make 6 taquitos per batch.
How to Serve
Plate the taquitos and top with purple cabbage & green onions. I like to serve these with spicy mayo and lots of lime wedges. These are crispy, slightly spicy and totally delicious.
These make a great dinner or appetizer. Serve them at your next party!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Korean Beef Taquitos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Korean Beef Taquitos
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil separated
- 1/2 teaspoon Gochugaru or sub red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced, optional
- 2 green onions diced
- 12 ounces vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 12 corn tortillas
- sesame seeds
- spicy mayo see notes
- purple cabbage, lime wedges, green onion for serving
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, Gochugaru and ground ginger in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, serrano & green onion and cook for about one minute. Add in the vegan beef crumbles and sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently – the sauce should be absorbed.
- Heat the tortillas. Brush one side of a tortilla with oil, flip it over and spread some of the filling down the center. Roll it up and place seam side down in an air fryer basket (see notes for baking instructions). Repeat with the remaining ingredients and cook for 8 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until crispy. Work in batches if needed.
- Remove from the air fryer, add toppings and serve with spicy mayo.