This Vegan Truffle Fettuccine Alfredo is the ultimate comfort meal. A creamy white wine sauce is combined with fettuccine noodles then topped with truffle oil.
Today's recipe is about to change your life. Like, where has this been all of my life kinda goodness. A creamy white wine sauce, fettuccine and a drizzle of truffle oil. Literally comfort in a bowl.
Let's Talk Sauce
Let's first talk about the creamy white wine sauce. You know this sauce. You have seen it a couple other times on TSV - Creamy White Wine Vegan Gnocchi & Creamy Baked Vegan Gnocchi. And based on your reviews of those recipes, you LOVE that sauce.
It is the perfect "alfredo-ish" sauce. The white wine gives it a tangy kick that is delicious and it doesn't require a ton of ingredients.
And I know that vegan white wine can be a little tricky to find. But have no fear, there is a website that lets you know exactly which white wines are vegan-friendly.
Truffle Oil is Vegan
For the truffle oil, I used a Black Truffle Oil from World Market. It was relatively inexpensive and will last a long, long time. You will probably have to order truffle oil online or find it at a specialty store like I did.
But don't skip this step. The truffle oil has an amazing flavor and makes this dish extra special.
This recipe is very adaptable. Not a big white wine fan? Use less, or swap it for broth. Want to beef up the meal? Add some vegan chicken. Maybe you want some more greens? Add in some baby spinach before serving.
No matter what you add to this, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Truffle Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4-8 ounces white wine
- 12 ounces non-dairy milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base*
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons truffle oil
- parsley for topping
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the flour to the pan and whisk until bubbly and smooth. Pour wine in the pan and allow to cook down for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.**
- Add milk, vegan parmesan, Better Than Bouillon and lemon juice to the pan and stir until combined. Taste and add salt & pepper as needed. Add truffle oil to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add fettuccine to the pan and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately with fresh parsley and additional parmesan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!