Vegan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
This Vegan Chicken Alfredo Pasta is the ultimate comfort meal! The sauce is lightened up by using a cauliflower base and the chicken is smoky and flavor-packed.
I have been thinking about this recipe for a hot minute. Because chicken alfredo pasta is something I have been missing since going vegan. And trust me when I say, this vegan version does not disappoint.
The vegan chicken is seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic powder and rosemary before being grilled until crispy.
How to make Vegan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
The sauce is my go-to cauliflower alfredo recipe. I can never get enough of this stuff – it is so tasty! And the fact that it is made from cauliflower continues to blow my mind. How a veggie makes the best alfredo sauce is nuts and amazing at the same time! PLUS if you are nut-free this is the perfect alternative to a cashew-based sauce.
Boil a head of cauliflower, then add it to a blender with shallots, garlic, broth, non-dairy milk and vegan butter. Blend until super smooth and add salt & pepper to taste.
Finish it Off
While the pasta is boiling, it is time to make the “chicken”. I personally like seasoning plain vegan chicken strips (rather than buying them pre-seasoned). Just add the thawed strips to a bowl with all of the dry seasonings and some oil. Cook in a skillet until crispy on both sides.
And while this recipe is PERFECT on its own…you also have lots of options for changing it up:
- Add spinach or kale for some extra greens.
- Sprinkle the pasta with cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Add lots of fresh herbs for a fresh bite.
No matter how you serve this up, it is going to be a hit!
Need more pasta inspo? Check out these recipes:
Vegan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE
FOR THE VEGAN CHICKEN
FOR THE PASTA
- 1 lb penne dry
- fresh herbs for serving – I used parsley & basil
- red pepper flakes for serving
PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE
- Add cauliflower to a large pot and fill with water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the lid and lower heat to a simmer. Cook cauliflower until fork tender (approx. 10 minutes). Drain and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking melt the vegan butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until tender (approx. 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To a blender, add the cooked cauliflower, non-dairy milk, broth, a healthy pinch of salt & pepper and the cooked shallot/garlic mixture. Blend until smooth and set aside.
PREPARE THE PASTA AND CHICKEN
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the chicken. Combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, salt & pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken strips and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Add the chicken strips and cook until browned on both sides (approx. 3-5 minutes per side). If you have leftover marinade you can baste the chicken with it while it cooks. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and place the empty pot back on the stove on low heat. Add the drained pasta back to the pan. Top with the cauliflower alfredo and toss to combine. Add the lemon zest and juice. Taste and adjust salt & pepper as needed.
- Slice the chicken and add it to the pasta. Serve with fresh herbs, red pepper flakes and additional pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!