This Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta with Broccolini is a healthy take on traditional alfredo pasta that tastes creamy and decadent without the extra calories.
I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this cauliflower alfredo! It is so creamy, so decadent and you will have NO IDEA this sauce is made from cauliflower. It is seriously crazy how good this stuff is.
This recipe does require a couple of steps, but I promise you they are worth it and you will have people licking their plates clean after you make this.
How to Make this Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta with Broccolini
The first thing you want to do is boil your cauliflower. Easy enough.
While the cauliflower is boiling, sauté some shallot and garlic in vegan butter until soft and fragrant. Drain the cauliflower and add it to a blender with the cooked shallot/garlic, non-dairy milk, broth, salt & pepper. Blend away until smooth and creamy.
TSV TIP: I used my favorite vegan chicken broth. You can get it at Whole Foods or online here.
Next, start cooking some pasta and steam your broccolini. I decided to steam my broccolini in a vegan butter/white wine combo that is totally amazing. Set aside your cooked veggies, then add your blended sauce to the pan.
Add some lemon zest and juice to the sauce and taste to adjust the salt & pepper. And now you're pretty much done.
Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and add some fresh basil. Serve your pasta with the cooked broccolini and prepare to enter pasta heaven.
You could easily make the sauce ahead of time and just steam veggies and cook pasta when you are ready to eat.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta with Broccolini
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER SAUCE
- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ½ cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- ½ cup broth*
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
FOR THE BROCCOLINI
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- 8 oz broccolini hard stems trimmed
FOR THE PASTA
- 8 oz linguine dry
- fresh basil chopped
PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER SAUCE
- Add cauliflower to a large pot and fill with water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the lid and lower heat to a simmer. Cook cauliflower until fork tender (approx. 10 minutes). Drain and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking melt the vegan butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until tender (approx. 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To a blender, add the cooked cauliflower, non-dairy milk, broth, a healthy pinch of salt & pepper and the cooked shallot/garlic mixture. Blend until smooth and set aside.
PREPARE THE PASTA & BROCCOLINI
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- Prepare the broccolini by melting the vegan butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt & pepper and stir to combine. Add the white wine to the pan and allow it to cook down for 2 minutes. Add the broccolini to the pan and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to allow it to steam. Remove the broccolini from the pan and set aside.
- Add the cauliflower sauce to the same pan you steamed the broccolini in. Add the lemon zest and the juice from ½ of the lemon and stir to combine. Taste the sauce and add salt & pepper as needed.
- Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and top with fresh basil. If your broccolini has cooled down too much add it back to the pan to reheat. Serve the pasta with more fresh basil and black pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!