When you're craving pasta this Simple Vegan Ricotta & Spinach Linguine will hit the spot. It requires 20 minutes and one pot to get the job done!
I think we all love a simple dinner. Especially one that involves pasta. And this Simple Vegan Ricotta & Spinach Linguine is sure to be one of your new favorite go-to dinners. You just need one pot and a few ingredients.
The idea for this recipe came about when I finally realized that vegan ricotta tastes like the real deal stuff. It is one of the (very few) cheeses that vegans have gotten right and I can't get enough of it.
TSV TIP: My favorite vegan ricotta is sold by Kite Hill. They sell their products at Whole Foods as well as some other grocery stores. You can use their locater here to find the store nearest you.
Now, I do have to say that if texture is a "thing" for you, be prepared for "ricotta-textured" sauce. Ricotta (vegan or otherwise) does not melt down into a creamy consistency like you would get with other white sauces. It will break down, but it will still retain some texture.
And I don't say this to deter you, because I personally love the texture. I think that when combined with the butter, non-dairy milk and sauteed spinach, you get a great bite that lends itself well to a pasta sauce.
I just want to make sure we're all on the same page before we get cooking.
When it comes to the non-dairy milk, use whatever you want, just make sure it is unsweetened! We don't want a sugary sauce.
And for the spinach I opted for thawed out frozen spinach over fresh. But either will work. Sometimes frozen works better since it is already chopped and compressed into a small package. Just be sure to double or triple the amount (according to taste) if you decide to use fresh.
Top everything off with some vegan parmesan and fresh basil and call it a day.
That's really all you need to know. I wasn't joking when I said this was simple. This makes the best dinner - serve it with a Toasted Breadcrumb and Vegan Parmesan Kale Salad, some garlic bread and call it a night.
That's it folks.
Simple Vegan Ricotta & Spinach Linguine
- 8 oz dry linguine
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- ⅔ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small* lemon juiced
- pepper to taste
- 8 oz vegan ricotta
- ½ cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- ½ cup frozen spinach** thawed and drained well
- vegan parmesan, fresh basil for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Place the pot back on the stove over medium heat and add the butter. Allow it to melt. Add the garlic, garlic salt, lemon juice and pepper to the pan. Sauté for 30-60 seconds, or until the garlic begins to soften.
- Add the ricotta and non-dairy milk to the pan and whisk until the ricotta is melted and the milk is warmed through. Place spinach in the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir, adding pasta water as needed to break up the sauce.
- Serve immediately with vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!