Roasted Tomato Farro Salad
This Roasted Tomato Farro Salad is filled with slow roasted cherry tomatoes, farro, vegan feta, shallots and a red wine vinegar dressing!
I LOVE a salad that can be served warm or chilled. Depending on your mood…you get two very different vibes. This Roasted Tomato Farro Salad is healthy & delicious! Cooked farro is tossed with oven roasted tomatoes, a red wine vinegar dressing, fresh herbs & vegan feta. This is a show stopping salad that everyone will love!
How to Make Roasted Tomatoes
The roasted tomatoes are incredibly simple to make but have SO MUCH flavor! Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil, fresh oregano, garlic, salt & pepper. Put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst and the garlic is tender.
I used heirloom cherry tomatoes, but traditional cherry or grape tomatoes work too! By roasting them, they get the best flavor and are perfect in this salad.
Let’s Talk Farro
If you’ve never had farro it is a hearty grain that is super healthy. It is high-protein, high-fiber, whole-grain wheat – it looks similar to barley! Follow the instructions on the package of the farro you buy, but typically, you add it to a pot of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain it and it’s ready to eat – hot or cold.
If you don’t have farro or don’t want to use it, here are some other options:
- small pasta
Assemble the Salad
To assemble, add some olive oil, red wine vinegar, the roasted garlic, shallot & pepper to a large bowl. Give it a whisk, then add in the cooked tomatoes (and all those delicious juices from the bottom of the baking dish) and farro. Give it a toss and place it in the fridge to chill.
When you are ready to serve, chop up lots of fresh herbs (I used a mix of basil, oregano, dill & chives) and add them to the bowl with crumbled vegan feta.
Always give the salad one more taste to see if you need to add any more vinegar, salt or pepper.
Serve this warm (skip the fridge step if you want it warm), at room temp or chilled. It is good no matter how you serve it! Make this for a party or make ahead lunches.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Roasted Tomato Farro Salad I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Roasted Tomato Farro Salad
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes large pieces halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil separated
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- 9 ounces farro dry
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar plus more to taste
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs I used a combo of basil, oregano, chives and dill
- 4 ounces vegan feta crumbled
- baking dish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the farro and cook according to the package instructions. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper to a baking dish. Toss to combine and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Remove the garlic from the baking dish and chop.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large bowl with the red wine vinegar, shallot, a pinch of pepper and the garlic. Whisk to combine. Pour in the farro, tomatoes and any of the juices from the baking dish. Toss, cover and place in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the fresh herbs and vegan feta. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed – I added more vinegar.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.