Bright, fresh and flavor-packed, this Vegan Kale Pesto can be used over pasta, in salads…
These Roasted Potato Kale Pesto Bowls are loaded with quinoa, cherry tomatoes, garlic potatoes and chopped kale – all topped off with vegan kale pesto.
Say hello to meal prep heaven.
These bowls are literally built on the fact that they can be prepped ahead of time and eaten over a few days. And those are my favorite kinda meals. Because when you want to eat healthy, it is so much easier when everything is sitting in your fridge ready to go.
Last week I shared my new favorite pesto recipe with you – Kale Pesto. It is the best way to sneak some extra greens into a recipe. And you honestly don’t even taste the kale.
Now what goes with a delicious pesto? Garlicky potatoes of course. So for this recipe we are whipping up some deliciously simple potatoes in the oven before putting the whole thing together.
Yep, once your pesto and potatoes are ready, you’re pretty much done. Layer chopped kale, cooked quinoa, potatoes, cherry tomatoes and kale pesto in a bowl and get to eating.
Making this for lunches? Just let everything cool down, put it all in separate containers and place in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Build your bowls as you eat them. And voila…easy peasy lunches.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Roasted Potato Kale Pesto Bowls
- 1 lb yellow potatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- kale pesto to taste
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 4 cups kale stems removed & chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper to a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to the baking sheet and spread evenly. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the potatoes are cooking prepare the Kale Pesto according to the instructions.
- To assemble, layer quinoa, kale, cherry tomatoes and potatoes in 4 bowls. Drizzle pesto over each bowl and serve.
- If making for meal prep, allow everything to cool completely before placing in individual containers. Place in the fridge until ready to eat.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!