These Red Curry Tofu Bowls have a coconut red curry sauce, crispy tofu, roasted brussels sprouts and rice. An easy vegan dinner!
These red curry tofu bowls are the BEST vegan dinner! The tofu is browned before being tossed in a coconut-based red curry sauce. The brussels sprouts are roasted until crispy. Everything is served over rice with chopped cilantro and lime wedges. It is an easy weeknight dinner you will want to keep on the rotation.
How to Make Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Crispy brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies! They are so simple, easy and delicious. No need to over-season them either. Just cut whole brussels sprouts in half and toss with some oil, salt & pepper.
Transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet and make sure they are all face down. Place them in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. I like mine extra crispy, so I go the full 15 minutes.
How to Make Red Curry Tofu
This red curry tofu is freaking delicious! Extra firm tofu is pressed and cubed then tossed with a little soy sauce and corn starch. Add some oil to a skillet (no need for a lot of oil, just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet) and cook the tofu until browned.
While the tofu is browning, make the red curry sauce. Here is what you need:
- coconut milk - from a can
- red curry paste
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- peanut butter - I like to use unsalted
Add everything to a small sauce pan and heat until smooth and combined. Pour the sauce over the browned tofu and toss until the tofu is coated and the sauce is hot & bubbly.
How to Serve
When it comes to serving this tofu, I like to add some hot rice to each bowl and top it with the crispy brussels sprouts, the tofu, cilantro and sesame seeds. Add some lime wedges to the side of each bowl and dig in.
The tofu is crispy & saucy. The sprouts are charred & delicious. It is the perfect combo of sweet, spicy, crunchy & creamy.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Red Curry Tofu Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Red Curry Tofu Bowls
FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE TOFU
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce separated
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¾ cup coconut milk from a can
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- oil for frying
- 2 cups rice cooked
- black sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the brussels sprouts, oil and a pinch of salt & pepper to a bowl. Toss to combine. Transfer to the baking sheet and place the brussels sprouts cut-side down. Bake for 12 -15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Add the cubed tofu, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and corn starch to a bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sesame oil, red curry paste & peanut butter to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat and whisk until combined.
- Add the sauce to the browned tofu and toss until heated through and the tofu is coated.
- To serve, add rice to each bowl and top with tofu, brussels sprouts, cilantro & sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Leave a Reply