Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls
Looking for a quick weeknight dinner? These Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls are filled with veggies, crispy tempeh and a delicious peanut sauce! Ready in 30 minutes!
As the weather starts to warm up I have been all about a quick dinner. And these Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls are ready in 30 minutes or less AND have everything you need to make a complete dinner. Plus…very few dishes are involved. It’s a win all around.
The ingredients for these Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls are incredibly simple. Here is what you need:
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- low sodium soy sauce
- unsalted peanut butter
- yellow onion
- red bell pepper
- fresh ginger
- green onions
- roasted peanuts
- lime juice
- rice – for serving
How to Make Peanut Tempeh
The sauce for this recipe is a simple combo of brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and peanut butter. Add everything to a bowl and whisk to combine. Feel free to play around with the measurements to get it exactly how you like it!
Heat some oil in a skillet and add a block of crumbled tempeh. Cook this down for about 5 minutes. The tempeh pieces should have some nice browned bits on them.
Next, add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger & whites of the green onion. I told you, plenty of veggies are going into this recipe. Let those cook down for a few more minutes.
Pour in the sauce that you have set aside and let everything simmer for a few minutes.
How to Serve
After the sauce has simmered with the tempeh & veggies, add in roasted peanuts, lime juice and cilantro. Give everything a toss and one last taste.
Serve the peanut tempeh over rice with the remaining green onion and plenty of lime wedges. This is best served right away, but the leftovers also make a great lunch the next day. If you’re a peanut sauce lover (like me), then you NEED to try this!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Peanut Tempeh Rice Bowls
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 8-ounce block tempeh broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 green onions diced, whites & greens separated
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1 lime juiced, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice for serving
- Combine the brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and peanut butter in a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tempeh and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the pieces start to brown. Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger & whites of the green onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and allow it to simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add in the peanuts, lime juice & cilantro. Toss, taste and adjust any seasonings.
- Serve over rice with the remaining green onion and lime wedges on the side.