Keep it light and tasty with this Grilled Corn Summer Salad with Chimichurri Dressing. Packed full of tons of veggies and fresh flavors!
If you haven't noticed the trend around TSV, chimichurri dressing is kind of everything right now. It just embodies fresh, tangy summer flavors - plus it tastes good on just about everything.
Sometimes you just need a bowl of greens topped with juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, tangy red onion and, of course, freshly grilled corn.
Now just imagine yourself sitting outside on a warm summer night snacking on this tasty salad.
It just screams everything that is good about summer.
Grilled Corn Summer Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ¼ - ½ red onion thinly sliced (to taste)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 12 oz mixed cherry tomatoes halved
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn ears with ½ tsp. of olive oil each and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and lower heat to medium. Cook, turning regularly, until there are grill marks on all sides (approx. 10 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside for 3-5 minutes (or until cool enough to handle). Using a sharp knife, cut kernels off of the cob.
- To assemble salad, combine salad greens, corn, red onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes and chimichurri (to taste) in a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve.