Take avocado toast to the next level with this Avocado Hummus Toast with Microgreens. Packed…
Spice up your next brunch with this Serrano Pepper Avocado Toast – packed full of flavor with grilled corn and fresh chimichurri sauce.
Ok. I know avocado toast is old news, but who cares. It’s freakin’ delicious. And this version is a whole new take on the classic.
This toast has the perfect balance of fresh flavors with the char-grilled corn, spicy serrano slices and fresh chimichurri sauce drizzled on top. It is literally the best flavor combo! I just can’t get enough of it – I may or may not have eaten this 5 days in a row.
If you’ve never had serranos, they can be on the spicy side. I like to slice them super thin. This gives you a burst of flavor without being over the top spicy. If you like less heat you can take it down a notch and use jalapenos, or you can omit them altogether. I wouldn’t recommend that, but hey, do what’s best for your taste buds.
Need a chimichurri sauce recipe? Check mine out here.
Serrano Pepper Avocado Toast
- 2 tsp. olive oil separated
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 4 slices bread
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 serrano pepper sliced thin
- 4 tbsp. chimichurri sauce recipe link above
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for topping (optional)
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn ears with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil each. Place on the grill and lower heat to medium. Cook, turning regularly, until there are grill marks on all sides - approx. 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 3-5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels off of the cob.
- Add remaining 1 tsp. of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Place bread slices in the pan and toast until both sides of each slice is browned.
- To assemble, top each slice of toast with 1/2 an avocado, corn kernels, serrano pepper slices and cilantro. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce and top with salt and pepper.