Make your next Sunday dinner a showstopper with these Creamy Vegan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes. The…
These Crispy Roasted Herb Potatoes are the ultimate vegan potato recipe! Loaded with garlic, rosemary and infused oil.
It is time to say hello to your new favorite potato recipe. These are the ULTIMATE crispy, herby, scrumptious potatoes. From the rosemary & garlic to the crispy outer crust, you are going to want these potatoes on your dinner plate 7 days a week.
Tips for the best Crispy Roasted Herb Potatoes
There are some techniques you will need to use for this recipe to ensure you get the most crispy potatoes ever. The first step is peeling your potatoes. Yep, we’re peeling. I know it looks like the skin is still on these potatoes, but that crispy outside is achieved without any skins.
Once the potatoes are peeled they are going to take a bath in boiling, salted water. You don’t want them to cook all the way through, but you should be able to easily slide a knife in them. This step will take about 10 minutes.
After the potatoes are drained, give them about a minute to release some steam. Then add them to the infused oil (more on that later) and toss until there is a layer of crumbled potato on the outside of the potato pieces. This is what is going to create that crispy outer layer.
For the final step, we are going to roast the potatoes. Add them to a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, tossing halfway.
It might sound like a lot of steps, but I promise it is all worth it when you see those crispy little nuggets come out of the oven.
Let’s talk about the garlic rosemary oil
Now that we’ve discussed how to achieve the most crispy potatoes, let’s talk about flavoring them. To make these potatoes extra delicious, we are going to make a homemade infused oil. Which is seriously easy!
Just take some olive oil, garlic, rosemary & pepper and cook it over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Strain the oil and keep that delicious rosemary and garlic for later. Roast the potatoes in the oil, then add the herbs back to the cooked potatoes right before serving.
By adding the garlic and rosemary at the end, you will avoid burning them. This is a must.
How to serve Crispy Roasted Herb Potatoes
No judgement either way 🤗
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
Crispy Roasted Herb Potatoes
- 3 lb golden potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp salt plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary removed from the stem
- pepper to taste
- parsley for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- When the water is boiling add the salt and potatoes (carefully) to the pot and stir to combine. Bring to a boil again and cook until a knife can easily pierce the potatoes (approx. 10 minutes).
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the infused oil. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, rosemary and a pinch of pepper to the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently and don't let the garlic burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the garlic and rosemary from the oil – reserve the garlic and rosemary for later. Add the oil to a large bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to sit in the strainer for 1 minute to release some steam.
- Add the drained potatoes to the bowl with the infused oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and use a wooden spoon to toss the potatoes. You want a layer of mashed potato–like paste to build up on the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a parchment lined baking sheet and spread them out. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and use a spatula to flip them. Place them back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and toss with the reserved garlic, rosemary and parsley to taste. Add more salt if needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!