These Crispy Chipotle Tofu Tacos are filled with spicy tofu, baked until crispy and served with an herb-packed vegan jalapeño ranch!
You can never have too many taco recipes in the rotation and these Crispy Chipotle Tofu Tacos are going to be your new favorite! The filling is a simple tofu mix that has the perfect amount of spice. They are baked until super crispy, then served up with a non-dairy yogurt ranch - a little lighter, but still has a ton of flavor!
How to Make the Filling
The tofu filling is extremely easy to make - which is why these make a great weeknight dinner. Drain and press some extra firm tofu, then crumble it in a skillet with some oil. I like to use a potato masher to quickly get the tofu crumbled, but you can also just use a wooden spoon.
The seasoning blend is the same one we used to make the Chipotle Tofu in Poblano Cream Sauce. It has the perfect amount of spice & smokiness. Add everything to the skillet and let the tofu get super crispy.
Let's Talk Sauce
The sauce for these tacos is one of my favorites - Vegan Jalapeño Ranch! I lightened this version up by using mostly vegan yogurt - but you could always do vegan mayo if you prefer that!
Add the yogurt to a bowl with the dry spices, fresh cilantro, vinegar and chopped jalapeños. You could also add everything to a blender if you want a super smooth texture. Give it a taste and adjust as needed.
Preheat the oven and warm up your tortillas - this will help them not to break. Add some oil to one side of a tortilla, flip it over and spread on a layer of Jalapeño Ranch and a couple tablespoons of chipotle tofu. Gently fold it in half and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
You do want to work kind of quickly - so the tortillas don't dry out. Place the baking sheet of tacos into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
How to Serve
Remove the tacos from the oven when they have reached the crispiness you like - I like mine EXTRA crispy. Top with more of the Jalapeño Ranch, onions, cilantro & lime juice!
You could also serve these with guac, pico or my Spicy Habanero Salsa! If you wanted even more crunch, you could add some crispy lettuce or even a homemade slaw! To reheat, I like to pop these in the air fryer at 350 for 5ish minutes, or back in the oven.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Crispy Chipotle Tofu Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Crispy Chipotle Tofu Tacos
FOR THE JALAPENO RANCH
FOR THE ONIONS
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and drain & press the tofu for 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is being pressed, add all of the ranch ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place in the fridge.
- Add the onion ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Place in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and crumble with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Once the tofu starts to brown add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet and toss to coat - adding water if needed to loosen up the tomato paste. Remove from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas. Brush some oil onto one side of a tortilla, flip it over and spread on some of the ranch & a spoonful of tofu. Carefully close and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients* - reserving the leftover ranch for serving. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
- Remove from the oven and serve with leftover ranch and the onions/cilantro.