These BBQ Tempeh Bowls with Garlic Herb Rice are loaded with flavor-packed rice, corn, tomatoes, greens, crispy tempeh and vegan dressing. Perfect for meal prepping!
Summer is here and I am all about a bowl/salad situation! There is just nothing better than the mix of crisp fresh veggies, warm tempeh and a tasty dressing. Plus this takes very little stove time, so your house isn't going to overheat.
I know when you look at the ingredient list it looks a tad long, but I promise you there are a lot of repeat spices for each component and overall this recipe is SUPER simple!
How to make BBQ Tempeh Bowls with Garlic Herb Rice
The garlic and herb rice in these bowls is soooooooooo tasty. You are going to want to make this on the regular for all of your recipes. It is similar to my Copycat Rice-a-Roni recipe, but I upped the garlic and changed out some of the spices for this version. It is addicting!
If you haven't experimented with tempeh, I implore you to right now! It has a great hearty texture, and takes on any flavor you add to it. For today's recipe it is going to be smoky, sticky and crunchy. So good!
To assemble, just add your warm ingredients to your cold and drizzle with dressing. You could also add a splash of hot sauce if you want to get wild!
Need more BBQ inspo? Check out these other recipes:
- BBQ Tempeh Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza
- BBQ Lentil Burritos
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pulled Artichoke BBQ Sliders
BBQ Tempeh Bowls with Garlic Herb Rice
FOR THE DRESSING
FOR THE RICE
FOR THE TEMPEH
FOR THE BOWLS
- 6 cups greens I used spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed and drained
- 10 oz cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 avocados diced
- cilantro, lime wedges optional
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Add water if needed and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare the rice by heating the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the dry rice and cook until toasted (approx. 3-5 minutes), stirring frequently. Slowly add the broth to the pan, followed by the garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat. Cook until the rice is cooked through. Add the parsley and fluff with a fork. Set aside until ready to eat.
- When the rice is done prepare the tempeh. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the tempeh, garlic powder and smoked paprika to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the BBQ sauce and cook until it begins to caramelize (approx. 3-5 minutes). Turn heat to low until ready to eat.
- To assemble add equal parts of greens, rice, tempeh, corn, tomatoes and avocado to each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!