These Baked Garlic Sweet Potato Fries are going to be your new guilt-free way to enjoy fries. The paprika gives them a little bit of heat and the garlic gives them a ton of flavor. I mean adding garlic to anything, really only makes it better. Am I right?
The trick when making any fries is soaking them in water first. This removes any extra starch which helps to make your fries extra crispy.
The other thing you want to remember in order to maximize crispiness is to cut your fries uniformly and thin.
Once you dry off your fries with a paper towel you will coat them in corn starch, spices and vegetable oil. Then you will layer them evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet - making sure not to overcrowd the pan. If they go into the oven stuck together, they won't crisp up. And as you can tell from the amount of tips I've already mentioned about keeping our fries crispy - crisp is everything.
Halfway through baking, you will want to flip your fries. Once you pull them out, top them with salt, pepper, fresh garlic, and parsley. Serve immediately with a sauce of your choice - ketchup, mustard, aioli, etc.
Baked Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small ones, diced into ¼" slices
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- parsley roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut sweet potato into ¼" matchsticks and soak in a bowl of cold water for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss potatoes with corn starch, paprika, garlic powder and vegetable oil. Layer evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake fries for 15 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes*
- Remove from oven and add chopped garlic, parsley, salt and pepper with fries - toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!