This Vegan Southwest Chopped Salad is perfect for Summer. Made with vegan cilantro ranch, crunchy…
These Avocado Egg Rolls with Vegan Cilantro Ranch are the perfect party appetizer! Perfectly crispy, simple to make and totally tasty!
We are just days away from the Super Bowl so you know I have some yummy snacks planned out for you guys to make. And we are kicking off the week with one of my new favorite party snacks – Avocado Egg Rolls!
Yep, imagine a tasty guac inside of a crispy egg roll. Oh, and you’re dipping these bad boys into vegan ranch. Uhhhhhhh…yum!
If you’ve never worked with egg roll wrappers before, no need to be intimidated. They are really easy to use and can be found at just about any grocery store (just look in the refrigerator section).
AND egg rolls are an accidental vegan food. Don’t let the “egg” in the name confuse you.
Now, let’s talk about the filling. We are basically going to make a super yummy guac. Simple, yet delicious. And don’t be surprised if you sneak a couple bites of the filling before you roll these up.
When you are ready to assemble, lay your egg roll wrapper down on a clean surface and have a bowl of water on hand. Add a few tablespoons of the filling to the center of the wrapper and dab each corner of the egg roll wrapper with water.
Next, roll it up like a burrito and make sure the end is secure. Repeat until your filling is gone, then get to frying.
Heat your oil and work in batches until all of your egg rolls are brown and crispy.
Lastly, serve these up cut in half with a side of cilantro ranch. I made my ranch using my Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix, but you could also use my other cilantro ranch recipe if you don’t have the dry mix on hand.
Avocado Egg Rolls with Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- 3 avocados
- 1 roma tomato deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 6-8 egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying I used canola oil
FOR THE CILANTRO RANCH
- 1 tbsp Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Prepare the cilantro ranch* by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender (start with 1 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp of vinegar). Pulse until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the avocado to a bowl and mash until the desired consistency is reached. Add the tomato, onion, cilantro, cumin, pepper, salt and lime juice to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Heat an inch of oil to 375 degrees in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Fill a small bowl with water. Place your egg roll wrapper on a clean surface and place 3 tbsp of the avocado filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Use your finger to dab water onto the 4 corners of the roll. With the wrapper facing you as a diamond shape, fold in the 2 sides. Bring the bottom corner up, then roll toward the top corner – keeping the roll tight as you roll. Make sure that the exposed corner is secure, adding additional water to that corner if needed. Set aside until all of the egg rolls are done.**
- Working in batches, place your egg rolls in the hot oil. Cook until browned on both sides (approx. 2-4 minutes), flipping as needed. Place finished egg rolls on a paper towel lined plate to allow excess oil to drain.
- Cut egg rolls in half and serve with the cilantro ranch.***
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!