The weather is crisp and Christmas is less than a week away, and one of my favorite meals to make this time of year is a big, warm, bowl of pasta. And this White Wine Pasta with Asparagus is perfection.
It takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and combines a buttery wine sauce with fresh asparagus pieces and pasta. This recipe is the perfect base – easily customize your bowl by topping it with fresh parsley, vegan parm or red pepper flakes. You could even add some vegan chick’n if you wanted a little something extra.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
- 8 oz. dry orecchiette
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 10-15 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- juice of half a lemon
- pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- fresh parsley, diced
- vegan parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook orecchiette according to package instructions.
- While orecchiette is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter and white wine.* Bring to a boil and then put on low and simmer for 5 minutes (or until sauce has reduced by about half).
- Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve and top with optional toppings of choice.