Load up on summer flavors with this Vegan Orzo Pasta Salad with Grilled Veggies. Perfect side…
This Vegetarian Orzo Chili is packed full of nutritious veggies, fiber packed beans and hearty orzo. Perfect for vegan meal prep.
Vacation is officially over and it is back to the grind.
I’m actually ok with getting back into my regular routine – I instantly realized how little water I drank over the holidays as soon as I was back at work with a water cooler 5 feet away from my desk.
I basically drowned myself in H2O my first day back.
Another part of my normal routine is meal prepping on Sundays.
And one of my favorite things to make is this Vegetarian Orzo Chili.
It comes together in less than 30 minutes and makes enough for lunch for the whole work week.
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather eat the same thing all week than have to think about what I’m bringing for lunch every day.
This chili is packed with nutritious veggies and fiber filled beans, PLUS orzo that makes this extra hearty and filling.
Divide the finished product into individual containers for easy access to grab and go on busy mornings.
Need some more Soup & Stew inspo? Check out my Creamy Vegan Gnocchi Soup.
Vegetarian Orzo Chili
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 bell peppers any color, diced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tbsp dried oregano
- Tabasco to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: jalapeños, fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, avocado, tortilla chips, corn chips
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell pepper to pan and saute for an additional 7 minutes, or until veggies begin to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.*
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve immediately with optional toppings OR allow chili to cool completely before refrigerating.