Vegan Fried Rice is not only super easy to make, it is also SUPER tasty. With a few easy swaps you can have a better than take-out vegan meal at home.
I am so excited about today’s new recipe – this Vegan Fried Rice is everything we all need right now. Tastes better than takeout, packed with veggies and plenty of comforting carbs. Uh, that sounds like a win to me!
The key to making fried rice is using day old rice. So, plan ahead of time and cook up some rice the day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I guess you don’t HAVE to follow this step, but it is highly recommended.
To make this more legit, I used vegan eggs – I know everyone doesn’t have access to these, so you can swap them for tofu if you have to, but if you can find vegan eggs, use them. They make this stuff taste like the real deal.
A couple of ingredients that aren’t traditional (but definitely make this recipe super tasty) are hoisin sauce and my favorite vegan chicken bouillon. The addition of these 2 things makes a HUGE difference in the flavor. Trust me.
This is going to be everyone’s new favorite side – I promise!
Vegan Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan eggs*
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 green onions diced, whites and greens separated
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 inch ginger diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups leftover white rice
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp vegan chicken bouillon**
- splash of water
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the vegan eggs and cook until scrambled. Transfer to a bowl and place the skillet back on the stove.
- Add the sesame oil, yellow onion, green onion (whites only), garlic and ginger to the skillet and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the carrots to the skillet and sauté for 3 more minutes. Add the frozen peas to the skillet and sauté until heated through (approx. 30 seconds).
- Add the rice to the skillet followed by the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, vegan chicken bouillon and a splash of water. Toss until evenly coated and the rice is warmed up. Add the vegan eggs back to the skillet. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve immediately with the remaining green onions.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!