These Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad Pinwheels are the ultimate party snack or make-ahead lunch. Slightly spicy, perfectly crunchy and healthy!
We all know the obsession with buffalo sauce is VERY real over here on TSV. We have made tacos, quesadillas, mac and cheese…the list goes on and on. But thankfully ya’ll are just as obsessed with this flavor combo as I am, so I have no shame in sharing all of my favorite buffalo recipes with you.
Today’s recipe is a twist on another TSV favorite – Chickpea Salad Pinwheels. You guys LOVED that recipe, so I knew that I had to come up with more flavor-combos to recreate this super fun party appetizer (or make-ahead lunch).
This recipe is super adaptable. If you aren’t a huge fan of spice, don’t worry, you can still make this. Swap out the jalapeño for celery and add the buffalo sauce a little at a time. Easy peasy.
The filling literally takes less than 10 minutes to prep and mix up. Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes so the ingredients can meld together, then assemble.
Take some extra large flour tortillas and add the filling plus some crunchy greens to it. Roll it up then slice it into rounds. Serve it on a platter at your next party, or take it to work/school for an easy lunch.
This will be a go-to recipe you will want to make again and again!
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad Pinwheels
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed*
- 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño or 1 stalk of celery
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce** plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add avocado and mash until the avocado is combined.
- Add in the red onion, jalapeño, green onions, cilantro, buffalo sauce, vegan mayo, garlic powder and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.***
- To assemble, spread an even layer of filling to the outer edges of each tortilla. Top half of the filling with spinach/cabbage.****
- Starting at the end with spinach, tightly roll the tortillas up until you reach the other end. Use a sharp knife, and cut each wrap into 8 pieces.
- Serve right away or place in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!