These Simple Vegan Taco Pinwheels are the perfect party appetizer, make ahead lunch or easy snack. No need to cook when you can eat a pinwheel instead.
Well, here we are again with another pinwheel recipe. We have already made Chickpea Salad Pinwheels and Buffalo Chickpea Salad Pinwheels. And the feedback I got back on those recipes made it very clear that you guys love a pinwheel recipe.
Today we are swapping the chickpeas for black beans and adding some taco flavors to the mix. These Taco Pinwheels are super duper simple and they are perfect for those days you don't feel like cooking!
Ok, so when I say these are simple...I mean they are SIMPLE. Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. Spread the filling out onto each tortilla and then wrap them up.
Place them in the fridge for an hour (or more) so everything can set - this step is not part of my other pinwheel recipes because this one is extra creamy from the vegan cream cheese, so they need that fridge time to stick together. Trust me.
Once your wraps have chilled out, use a super sharp knife to cut them into 6-8 pieces.
Serve them up with some cilantro and lime wedges and you are ready to go. I'm telling you, these simple vegan taco pinwheels are easy to make and even easier to eat. The whole family is going to love them!
Simple Vegan Taco Pinwheels
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese I used chive flavored
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- ¼ cup corn I used frozen corn that was thawed
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped, plus more for topping
- 3 large wraps I used sun-dried tomato wraps
- lime wedges for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for the wraps) in a large bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Spread an even layer of filling to the outer edges of each tortilla and add additional cilantro.
- Tightly roll the tortillas up and place in a baking dish or on a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Place in the fridge for 1 hour (or longer) to allow everything to set.
- Remove from the fridge and slice each wrap into 6-8 pieces. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro. Store leftovers in an airtight container - these will last in the fridge 2-3 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
These are really great! I took them to a party and a few friends told me I have to bring them every time!!
These are fantastic! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
Can you make these a day ahead without the tortilla going soggy?
This are yummy! I had a litt6left so use it as veggie dip. I like my a little hotter so made add some cayenne pepper as well.
I never say no to more spice 🎉
These are SO good and so easy to make! I’m not vegan so I often swap the vegan cream cheese for regular cream cheese, but nonetheless they’re amazing for how easy they are and I’ve received multiple compliments on them when I make them for friends!
So glad you liked them! Perfect snack to have with friends!
I made these this weekend for a family gathering (all meat eaters) and they were a huge hit! The only change I made was using red bell pepper as it's what I had on hand. These were SO GOOD!
Yaya! So glad it was a hit with everyone!