Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
These Vegan Biscuits & Gravy are the ultimate comfort food. Buttery biscuits topped with the best vegan gravy and fresh thyme.
Sometimes you need a carb loaded, ultimate comforting breakfast. And these Vegan Biscuits & Gravy are just that. Homemade biscuits (which, btw are not hard to make) are topped off with the Best Vegan Gravy and served up piping hot.
Doesn’t get much better than that.
And I mean, any excuse to eat gravy at breakfast is A-OK with me.
When it comes to making the biscuits there are just a couple tips and tricks to making them:
Make sure your butter is super cold. I like to throw mine in the freezer about 15 minutes before I start cooking. This will help you cut the butter into the dry ingredients. AKA make your biscuits extra flakey.
Don’t overwork the dough. A couple of folds and you’re done. AKA make your biscuits light and fluffy.
Other than that, you’re really just mixing a couple ingredients together, cutting the dough, baking everything and topping it off with my super simple gravy recipe.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
- Place butter in a dish in the freezer 15 minutes before starting.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add butter to the bowl and using a fork (or pastry cutter), cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the milk into the bowl and gently combine - do not over mix.
- Transfer dough to a flour dusted surface and mold into a ball.
- Gently press the dough out with your hands and fold in half. Turn and fold it in half again. On the 3rd fold, sprinkle some fresh thyme onto the dough. Fold an additional 2 times.
- Flatten dough out until it is about an inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out as many biscuits as possible. Place the finished biscuits on the baking sheet. Re-flatten the dough and cut additional biscuits. You should be able to make 6.
- Place biscuits in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the biscuits are cooking, prepare the gravy according to the instructions (or reheat leftover gravy).
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, break them in half, plate them and top with gravy & additional fresh thyme. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!