TTLA Sandwich – Whole Foods Copycat
This TTLA Sandwich (aka the Whole Foods Copycat Vegan BLT) is loaded with Tempeh bacon, Tomato, Lettuce & Avocado. One of the BEST sandwiches EVER!
Ok, I know the TTLA is old news at this point. Whole Foods has been serving it up for a couple years now. BUT if you don’t have a Whole Foods near you and you want to try out this super tasty Vegan BLT at home, then you are in for a treat!
This TTLA sandwich really is super simple. You are going to cook up some tempeh bacon, toast some ciabatta buns, then load it all up with seasoned avocado, vegan mayo, lettuce and tomato. Easy, right?
So, in my opinion, the reason the Whole Foods version of this sandwich is so freaking good, is because of the tempeh bacon they use. They use the LightLife tempeh bacon. It is by far my favorite tempeh bacon I have ever tried.
You can obviously make your own – there are tons of recipes out there. But, if you can find this particular brand, do yourself a favor and get it. It has the perfect amount of smoky flavor. It is simply delicious.
I also ALWAYS get this sandwich on a ciabatta bun when I get it at Whole Foods. So of course, I had to make my homemade version with ciabatta as well. I get ciabatta buns at Trader Joe’s, but you should be able to find some at your local grocery store in the bakery section – just be sure to check the ingredients before buying.
And that’s pretty much it. Toast your bread, mash some avocado and slice some tomatoes. Load up your buns with all of the ingredients and chow down.
TSV TIP: I honestly like this TTLA Sandwich warm or cold. So, if you are looking to make this for lunch, wrap it up in some parchment and pop it in the fridge. The beauty of using ciabatta is that it is super dense. Which means it isn’t going to get soggy if it sits for a couple hours.
This TTLA sandwich is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch and is a total life-changer. If you have been missing BLT’s in your life…MAKE THIS!
Need more sandwich inspo? Check out these other TSV reader favorites:
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- non-stick olive oil spray
- 1 package LightLife Tempeh Bacon or tempeh bacon of choice
- 2 small avocados
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- vegan mayo
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 small head lettuce
- Heat a skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil and lower heat to medium. Toast both sides of the rolls (working in batches if needed). Set rolls aside.
- Spray the pan with more olive oil and add tempeh bacon to the pan. I cut my strips in half. Cook until both sides are crispy (approx. 5 minutes per side). Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add avocado to a bowl with a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes. Mash with a fork.
- To assemble, spread avocado on the bottom half of each roll followed by tomato, lettuce and tempeh bacon. Spread a layer of vegan mayo on the underside of the top half of each roll. Place on top of the tempeh bacon and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!