Get ready for game days with these Guacamole Stuffed Potato Skins with Vegan Chipotle Mayo - simple and tasty vegan snack.
Football season is in full swing - so you know what that means...delicious game day snacks!
And I am not going to steer you wrong with these Guacamole Stuffed Potato Skins with Vegan Chipotle Mayo.
This is like having chips and guac, nachos and wings all in one.
(No there's no chicken, but that chipotle mayo gives it a spicy kick similar to wings)
And while we're on the topic, let's talk about this mayo.
If you've never had vegan mayo - I would definitely try it. I found mine at Target and it is the same price and has the same taste as traditional mayo with no eggs added.
Ans all you need to make this delicious dip is 3 things:
- canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Take 1-2 chipotles and dice them up. Add them to ½ cup of mayo with 1-2 tbsp. of the adobo sauce, ¼ tsp. of garlic powder and ¼ tsp. of onion powder - stir together and you have your dip.
Really easy, right?
Now when it comes to the potatoes, you are going to boil them until they are almost cooked through (about 20 minutes - if they are easily pierced with a fork, then they are ready). Note: if you overcook them, the skin can burst. Let me tell you, it isn't very easy to make stuffed potato skins if the skin is no longer attached to the potato. So be sure to keep an eye on them or even throw in a couple extras in case one is accidentally overlooked.
Once you have drained them and they are cool enough to handle, cut them in half, and scoop out most of their insides (leaving about ½ inch of potato in the skin - set aside the insides and use them for something else). Brush the inside and outside of the potato skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil each side in the oven for 2-4 minutes. This will get them nice and crispy.
When you remove them from the oven, place a dollop of your favorite guacamole in each. I used my Black Bean and Corn Guacamole this time - I have also used my Grilled Veggie Guacamole. Both are awesome!
Top with a jalapeno slice for some additional heat and serve with the chipotle dip.
If you have leftovers you can refrigerate them and when you are ready to reheat, stick them back under the broiler for 4-6 minutes.
Guacamole Stuffed Potato Skins with Vegan Chipotle Mayo
- Combine dip ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place potatoes in a pot filled with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes until they can easily be pierced with a fork (about 20 minutes).* Drain and run under cold water.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in half and carefully scoop out the inside of each half with a spoon.**
- Turn the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray. Brush the inside and outside of each skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place potatoes skin side up on the baking tray and bake in oven for 2-4 minutes (or until they start to get crispy). Flip and broil skin side down for an additional 2-4 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a plate.
- Place a dollop of guacamole into each skin and top with a jalapeno slice.
- Serve with dip and enjoy!
**Be sure to leave about ½ inch of potato in each skin. Save the potato you scoop out to use for something else.