Take your next BBQ to a new level with this Grilled Veggie Platter. Tons of…
This Grilled Veggie Guacamole is going to be your new favorite way to eat this side. Grilling the veggies beforehand gives this classic a whole new flavor.
Grilled Veggie Guacamole is going to be your new favorite way to eat guac – because what’s better than charred onions + jalapeños + tomatoes mixed with fresh avocado?
My whole life my Grandma has had huge avocado trees in her back yard which means there is guacamole at every family get together. And even though I was the pickiest of picky eaters as a kid, and wouldn’t go near an avocado, at some point I finally saw the light and realized how amazing avocados are. And let me tell you…no one makes better guac than Grandma.
So every time I make guacamole I try to live up to “Grandma standards”.
You can use this with tacos, burgers, sandwiches…pretty much anything.
So, eat up.
Grilled Veggie Guacamole
- 1/3 red onion sliced in 2 rounds
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced down the middle
- 1/2 to mato diced
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- handful of cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat grill or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add onion and jalapeño and grill for 2-3 minutes (or until there are grill marks) and then flip. Add tomatoes to grill and cook all veggies for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from grill to cool. When cooled, dice veggies.
- Add avocados and lime juice to a bowl. Mash avocados with a fork. Add onion, jalapeño, tomato and cilantro to bowl and stir to combine.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!