These Crispy Herb Potato Stacks are loaded with thinly sliced potatoes, fresh herbs, vegan butter, vegan parm, garlic salt & pepper. The perfect vegan side!
I have nothing but love for these Crispy Herb Potato Stacks!!! They are seriously drool worthy. Crispy potatoes with all the herbs, vegan parmesan, vegan butter...does it get any better? Oh yeah, it does! I also added a small drizzle of truffle oil to these for a little something extra. Not a necessary step, but really delicious!
How to make Crispy Herb Potato Stacks
The key to a great potato stack is a thinly sliced potato. So while a sharp knife is an option, you're much better off using a mandolin. This will give you uniform slices that are super thin - which will give you the best crispy potato!
Before slicing the potatoes, melt the vegan butter and prep the herbs. I used a combo of sage, thyme and rosemary. You want to get the herbs super finely chopped.
Now, you're ready to combine everything. I like to add it to a large bowl and then get in there with my hands to coat the potatoes. I mean, you can use a spatula, but your hands will get the job done better.
Layer the potato stacks in a muffin pan. It's ok if they are slightly overfilled, they will shrink down slightly in the oven.
Before covering them with foil, add a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper to the top of each stack. NOW, they are ready to go in the oven.
How to serve Crispy Herb Potato Stacks
After 30 minutes, remove the foil and let the potatoes cook for another 20ish minutes. They should have a crispy edge, but be fork tender.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before popping them out of the muffin pan with a fork.
These are best served right away and make for the best side dish. This is a great potato recipe for the holidays. Looks impressive, but is SUPER easy! Definitely a recipe the whole family will love!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Crispy Herb Potato Stacks
- 5 medium russet potatoes thinly sliced*
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs finely chopped, I used a combo of sage, thyme and rosemary
- ½ cup vegan parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon black pepper plus more for topping
- truffle oil to taste, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and oil a muffin pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Use a mandolin or very sharp knife to slice the potatoes very thin.
- Add the potatoes, melted butter, herbs, vegan parmesan, garlic salt and pepper to a large bowl - toss to combine, using your hands if needed. If using truffle oil, add a small drizzle after mixing.
- Stack the potatoes in the muffin pan - it is ok if the cups are slightly over filled. Add another sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper to each stack. Spray the foil with non-stick spray, cover the potatoes and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to pop the stacks out of the muffin pan and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!