The perfect spicy sauce for tacos, burritos or salads - this Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce takes…
Move aside alfredo sauce, this Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Sauce is about to bring health and comfort together in one recipe. Serve over your favorite pasta!
Today we are boiling cauliflower in vegan chicken broth, then adding some seasonings and blending it all up to make one of the most delicious and creamy sauces you have ever had.
You will literally want to eat this stuff with a spoon. It is so simple, but so full of flavor.
I suggest serving this up over a big bowl of pasta and calling it a day.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 8 cloves garlic diced
- 2 heads cauliflower cut in florets
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups vegan chicken broth* or veggie broth
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic to the pan and sauté until shallot is tender - approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add water and broth to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then add cauliflower to the pot. Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Transfer cauliflower to a blender with a slotted spoon - be sure to reserve the cooking liquid.
- Add garlic/shallot mixture, non-dairy milk and 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid to the blender. Blend on high until smooth - working in batches if needed.
- Pour sauce into a skillet and season with salt & pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add additional cooking liquid.
- Serve over pasta.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!