These Spicy Sriracha Noodles are the quickest and easiest vegan dinner. Made with rice noodles…
This Vegan Udon Noodle Cabbage Stir Fry is a quick weeknight dinner that is better than takeout. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Being stuck at home has taken my need for takeout recipes to a whole new level. And this Vegan Udon Noodle Cabbage Stir Fry is one of my favorites I’ve made so far.
This comes together so quick – I’m talking 25 minutes. And, it requires just a few simple ingredients for a TON of flavor. Aka my favorite kind of recipe.
Now, there are a couple ingredients you may not have on hand, but you can find at the grocery store or online.
Udon noodles come in sealed packs of fresh noodles. They cook up super fast and are really tasty. I got mine here, but you could also use chow mein noodles or even linguine. Just be sure to cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package you buy.
The other ingredient you need is Black Bean Garlic Sauce. You can find this in the Asian section at the grocery store or online here. There is no substitute for this, since it is the main component of the sauce.
Once you have those ingredients taken care of you are ready to go. Feel free to add more veggies – snap peas, bok choy, broccoli, carrots are all good options.
You could also add crispy tofu for some extra protein. Lots of options to spruce these noodles up.
Need more noodle inspo? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan Ramen Noodles with Mushrooms & Bok Choy
- Spicy Thai Noodles
- Vegan Dan Dan Noodles with Garlic Chili Oil
- Spicy Garlic Soba Noodles with Bok Choy
Vegan Udon Noodle Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup broth*
- 13 oz udon noodles**
- 3 tbsp black bean garlic sauce***
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 green onions diced, whites & greens separated
- sriracha optional
- lime wedges, sesame seeds for serving
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and white pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onion becomes tender. Add the ginger powder and garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and broth to the pan, cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and add the black bean garlic sauce & rice wine vinegar. Stir until combined and lower heat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the udon noodles and use tongs to gently break them apart. Only cook until the noodles have separated (1 minute) – they will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the sauce. Add the whites of the green onions and toss to combine. If you want some spice, add some sriracha.
- Serve noodles with sesame seeds, lime wedges and the remaining green onions.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!