The perfect dip or dressing for salads, spring rolls or rice paper rolls - this…
These Soba Noodle Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce are the perfect cold meal. Fresh veggies, fiber-packed soba noodles and a creamy peanut sauce. A great vegan lunch or dinner!
Well, say hello to my all-time favorite summer meal – Soba Noodle Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce! These rolls are basically like eating my Soba Noodle Salad in a compact, on-the-go type of way. And what’s not to like – crunchy veggies, cold soba noodles and peanut sauce. It is all the best things.
I know that rice paper can be a little intimidating if you’ve never worked with it before, but TRUST ME, you will be fine…and if they aren’t the prettiest things you’ve ever seen, who cares?!? They are going to taste great no matter how they look.
Plus, with a little bit of practice you are going to be a pro in no time.
How to Make Soba Noodle Summer Rolls
These rolls require more chopping than cooking. Actually, the only cooking that is happening is boiling the soba noodles. And those take like 5 minutes. Just be sure to rinse your soba noodles after you drain them so they don’t stick together.
While your noodles are cooking, chop your veggies. I like to have all of my veggies on one plate so it is easy to grab them while assembling. You do need to work semi-quickly so the rice paper doesn’t start falling apart while you’re putting them together.
Speaking of the rice paper, the most important step is soaking the rice paper. You don’t want to over-soak them. Just dip them in water for 6-10 seconds, then lay them on a flat surface. They will continue to soften as you fill them up. So don’t worry about getting them completely soft when dunking them in the water.
Once your role is loaded up, it is time to roll them up. And you are going to roll them just like a burrito. Bring in the two sides, then drape the bottom edge over the the fillings. Tightly roll it up until you have a…roll. Just watch the video for the how-to on rolling these. Much easier to see than explain.
These rolls will last for 2-3 days in the fridge, but are much better when they are fresh. So don’t feel bad about eating them all in one sitting 🙂
Need more summer role inspo? Check out my Tofu Rice Paper Rolls!
Soba Noodle Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- 8 oz soba noodles
- Spicy Peanut Sauce*
- 8 -12 rice paper wrappers
- 2 heads romaine
- 1/2 head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 8 small sweet peppers julienned
- cilantro chopped
- Prepare soba noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Prepare the Spicy Peanut Sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prep all of your veggies and place them on a large plate.
- Fill a large bowl with room temperature water. Soak 1 rice paper roll in the water for 6-10 seconds. You want the rice paper to be soft but pliable – it will continue to soften as you fill it.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface and layer romaine, soba noodles, cabbage, peppers and cilantro in the center. Roll it up like a burrito and place on a cutting board.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Use a sharp knife and cut each roll into 2-3 pieces.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!