Today we are keeping it short and sweet.
This Simple Cilantro Lime Dressing takes no time to put together but it packs SO MUCH FLAVOR!
Cilantro brings such an amazing flavor to any dish (so long as you aren’t one of those people who think it tastes like soap…poor souls).
This dressing has citrus from the lime juice, a bright freshness from the cilantro…and, oh…did I mention the creaminess comes from avocado???
Any excuse to use avocado, right?
To add even more flavor to this, I also threw in some garlic and cumin. Just the essentials.
You can water this down to make a salad dressing or keep it thicker and use it as a dip.
Either way you can’t go wrong.
***Also, be sure to check out my page at – Yummly.com/thissavoryvegan – all of my recipes are stored there. And you can create your own Yummly page with my recipes and others from around the web. Just be sure to click the “Yum” button at the bottom of each recipe and it will automatically be saved to yours!
Need some inspiration to use this dressing? Check out my Loaded Baked Fries with Cilantro Lime Dressing!
Simple Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup oil olive or sunflower
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- water if needed
- Combine the cilantro bunch, lime juice, avocado, garlic, oil and cumin to a blender or food processor. Pulse 3-4 times (or until ingredients are combined).
- Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste. If you want a thinner consistency, add water as needed.