This Vegan BLT Pasta Salad is perfect for a summer BBQ! It is loaded with…
This Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad is the ultimate party side dish. Loaded with tons of veggies, whole wheat pasta and a tangy dressing.
Pasta salad is one of those universal sides that you can bring to any party. Everyone loves pasta salad. It is simple, but freaking delicious.
But just because it is a go-to side, doesn’t mean every recipe is created equal. A lot of pasta salads come packed full of meat and cheese. We obviously are not subscribing to that version.
Instead we are loading up this pasta salad with tons of roasted veggies. If you have a garden, this is the perfect recipe to use up all of that squash.
For the veggies I went with yellow squash, zucchini, bell pepper and grape tomatoes. Drizzle everything with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Bake it for 25 minutes, then let it cool completely.
While the veggies are doing their thing, make your dressing and cook your pasta. I went with whole wheat fusilli, but you could use regular pasta, chickpea pasta, or lentil pasta. I would just recommend using a short pasta so that it is already in bite-sized pieces.
TSV TIP: This can all be made ahead of time, but I wouldn’t combine everything until you are ready to eat. The pasta will just absorb the dressing if it sits for too long.
This is a staple recipe that you are going to want to have all
summer year long.
Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
FOR THE VEGGIES
- 1 yellow squash cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 zucchini cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic whole and peeled
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
FOR THE SALAD
- 16 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta or pasta of choice
- green onion diced
- peperoncini peppers to taste
- vegan parmesan to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the diced veggies (including the whole pieces of garlic) out on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisking until combined. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once the veggies are cool, remove the garlic from the baking sheet and roughly chop them. Add all of the veggies (including the garlic) to a large bowl with the drained pasta. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to serve, add the dressing to the pasta/veggies and toss to combine. Top with green onion, peperoncini peppers and vegan parmesan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!