These Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats are the perfect make ahead vegan breakfast - serve…
These Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats are the perfect healthy vegan breakfast or snack. Made with fresh raspberries and topped with crunchy peanuts.
Last week I asked you guys on Instagram what you are interested in seeing in the upcoming months here on TSV. And a couple of the answers I got again & again were no cook meals and healthy breakfasts/snacks.
And it was perfect timing, because I had these Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats on my to-do list!
If you missed my Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats recipe a couple weeks ago, then you should definitely check that one out too. It is one of my faves! But this recipe is a close second.
These oats are super healthy, not overly sweet and the perfect breakfast to have on hand when you don’t have a lot of time in the morning.
What kind of oats should I use for overnight oats?
I used quick oats, but you can use traditional oats as well. Since they are going to sit overnight, they will have plenty of time to absorb the liquid in the jar. BUT if you are short on time and only have a couple hours to let your oats sit, definitely use quick oats like I did.
Do I have to use fresh raspberries in these overnight oats?
Nope. You could use strawberries or blueberries instead. You could also use frozen fruit if that is all you have – although fresh is definitely better.
You could also swap the fruit for your favorite jam. This will make the oats sweeter too!
Should I eat overnight oats hot or cold?
Either way is good – but I like them cold out of the fridge.
If you want to eat them hot, give them a quick zap in the microwave or dump them in a pot and heat them up on the stove.
What toppings should I add to these overnight oats?
I added more raspberries, peanut butter and peanuts. But you could add a different fruit, granola, coconut flakes, agave, maple syrup…lots of options.
You could even make this more like a dessert and add some vegan chocolate chips to the top. So many yummy variations!
SHOP THE POST
Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
- 2/3 cup oats I used quick oats but you can use traditional oats
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries plus more for topping
- 2 tbsp peanut butter plus more for topping
- chopped peanuts for topping, optional
- Add oats, chia seeds, agave and non-dairy milk to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add raspberries to the bottom of 2 jars. Top with the oat mixture (fill each jar 3/4 of the way). Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter to each jar, then top with the remaining oat mixture. Cover and place in the fridge overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- When serving, top with additional raspberries, peanut butter and peanuts.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!