This Grilled Tempeh Greek Salad with Creamy Vegan Greek Dressing is a must make! The perfect vegan salad - restaurant quality at home!
This is seriously the ULTIMATE Greek Salad!!! It has the perfect amount of tanginess from the dressing, crunch from the veggies and crispiness from the grilled tempeh. This is the type of salad you can eat as an entree - trust me, it is very filling and satisfying!
How to make this Grilled Tempeh Greek Salad
Start out by marinating the tempeh in a lemon/shallot/garlic dressing. You want the tempeh to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but overnight would be even better!
While the tempeh is marinating, whip up the creamy dressing in the food processor. This dressing is so freaking good! It is creamy, tangy and flavor-packed. Put it in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
Prep all of the veggies and salad toppings and place them in a BIGGGGGG bowl. You're 90% done at this point.
How to grill tempeh
My favorite way to grill tempeh is to skewer them. This will make them easy to flip and is a super fun way to serve it over the salad!
If you are using wood skewers, be sure to soak them in water before putting them on the grill - we don't want any fires happening!
Make sure your grill (indoor or outdoor) is super hot, then add the tempeh skewers. Get them nice and crispy on all sides, and be sure to brush them with the leftover marinade as you go.
How to serve Grilled Tempeh Greek Salad
Once the tempeh is done, it is time for the final assembly. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Top it all off with the tempeh skewers and serve with warm pita on the side. Seriously, so much yum!
This salad is also great for make ahead lunches. Dish up the salad into individual containers (with the dressing on the side so the lettuce doesn't get soggy). You can reheat the tempeh or eat it cold.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Grilled Tempeh Greek Salad with Creamy Vegan Greek Dressing
FOR THE TEMPEH
- 16 oz tempeh cut into 24 cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced & zested
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne optional
FOR THE CREAMY VEGAN GREEK DRESSING
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 tsp caper brine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 heads romaine chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 oz vegan cheese I used Miyoko's cheese wheel
- pita bread, fresh parsley for serving
- Add all of the tempeh ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Set your grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat. Carefully skewer the tempeh*, reserving the marinade. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, or until all sides are charred. Occasionally brush the skewers with the leftover marinade.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Top with the tempeh skewers and serve with warm pita bread.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!