These Crispy Avocado Bites with Cilantro Jalapeño Vinaigrette are crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Perfect vegan appetizer for your next party!
We all love avocados. It's kind of a must in the vegan world.
But what if we could make avocados even tastier?
Like 100 times tastier?
Ya, I thought you might be interested.
Avocados are chopped up and dipped in a rich batter before taking a hot oil bath.
These are like little heavenly avocado pillows. The key to getting these guys puffed up so nicely? The soda water in the batter.
I don't know how it works, but the bubbles do something magical.
And if the crispy avocados weren't enough, we're going to dip them in a super yummy dressing.
This cilantro jalapeño vinaigrette is zingy, creamy and sure to be your new favorite dipping sauce.
You can use it on salads, in burritos or over nachos. It has a ton of flavor - and let's not ignore that amazing color.
Anytime I can eat something this green, that tastes this good, it makes me do a happy dance inside.
These are good anytime of year, but are sure to be a huge hit come football season!
Crispy Avocado Bites with Cilantro Jalapeño Vinaigrette
- 3 avocados*
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- pinch of salt for topping
FOR THE BATTER
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup soda water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoon water
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Peel and pit avocados and cut into bite sized pieces (approx. 12 pieces per half avocado). Add avocado pieces to the baking sheet and place in the freezer for 60 minutes.
- While the avocados are freezing, prepare the vinaigrette. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare the flax egg by combining flax meal and water in small bowl. Stir to combine and place in fridge until ready to use.
- 15 minutes before the avocados are ready, add vegetable oil to a deep pot and insert deep fryer thermometer. Heat oil to 360 degrees.
- 5 minutes before the avocados are ready, prepare the batter. Combine all of the ingredients (including the flax egg) in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Working in groups, add frozen avocado pieces to the batter. Remove with a slotted spoon or fork and wipe off excess batter. Carefully drop pieces in the hot oil and fry until golden. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Immediately sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat with remaining pieces until all are fried.**
- Serve immediately with vinaigrette.