This Chopped Salad with Tofu Feta is simple and healthy. As someone who hates most vegan cheeses, this tofu feta is something I can vouch for!
I have to admit there are not many vegan cheeses out there that I can say I like. I don't even like nutritional yeast very much - gasp! So, when I made this Tofu Feta I was so excited that there was a faux cheese that I not only loved BUT that I could make at home.
And...it is the perfect accompaniment for this Chopped Salad!
Bell peppers + tomatoes + onions + peperoncini peppers on top of a bed of romaine and combined with tofu feta and a tangy dressing. The perfect simple & healthy combo.
You do need to make the feta the day before so that it has plenty of time to marinate. BUT, once you have that ready, this salad comes together in just 10 minutes.
Want to make this a more substantial meal? Add some roasted herb potatoes or some vegan chick'n to the mix and you will have a healthy + veggie packed dinner.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Chopped Salad with Tofu Feta
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¼ yellow onion diced
- ¼ cup peperoncini peppers diced
- 1 tomato chopped
- FOR THE FETA: Drain tofu and cut in half - store unused half in the fridge for another use. Dry off remaining half of tofu with paper towels and cut into ½ in. squares. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Add tofu cubes to the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- FOR THE SALAD: Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Crumble desired amount of feta on top of salad and add dressing. Serve and enjoy!
*Tofu Feta inspired by Green Evi's Tofu Feta recipe.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!