Restaurant-quality pizza with easy to find ingredients - this Broccolini & Shallot Vegan White Pizza is loaded with seasoned white sauce, crispy shallots and perfectly cooked broccolini.
Happy Friday TSV fam!
You may have noticed TSV got a bit of a facelift yesterday.
Well maybe more like a little botox - if we're going to stick with plastic surgery references.
All of your favorite recipes are still here, but everything is a little cleaner and prettier. PLUS, the homepage has more than just the newest recipes now. You can also find collections of recipes - i.e. pizzas, casseroles, munchies - that will rotate depending on the month/season.
Anyways, I am so excited for the new look and I hope you are too!
Now, onto today's recipe.
Seeing as it's Friday & TSV is looking shiny and new, I thought we should celebrate with one of TSV reader's favorite things...
And today's pizza is kinda like TSV's new look. It's fancy, but accessible.
Haha - ok, maybe I'm taking this too far.
This pizza has restaurant-quality looks & tastes BUT the ingredients are really easy to find and this takes very little skill to put together (but whoever you make this for doesn't need to know that).
The creamy white sauce for this pizza comes from (yep, you guessed it) vegan cream cheese. I know, I know, this is something you see in my recipes ALL the time. But there is a reason I keep going back to it. Not only does it taste great, there are so many brands that make it and it is becoming easier and easier to find.
By adding a couple simple spices and a little veggie broth to the cream cheese you get a whole new flavor + it becomes super spreadable.
After your sauce is ready you just have a couple more steps.
Layer your dough with some sautéed garlic & shallots, raw red onion and fresh broccolini. Pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Now if you thought we were already pretty fancy, then prepare to be impressed with the final toppings we are adding after this comes out of the oven.
Pine nuts, chopped basil, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh lemon zest.
Now, those things on their own are nothing fancy, but I swear when they are all combined on top of this pizza, the flavors are out of this world.
And that's it.
Restaurant-worthy pizza in the comfort of your own home!
I hope you have the best weekend, and there is lots of pizza in your immediate future!
Broccolini & Shallot Vegan White Pizza
- corn meal
- 16 oz pre-made pizza dough*
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus more for topping
- 1-2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 5-8 broccolini spears hard stems removed
- 1 lemon zested
- pine nuts, fresh basil for serving
- Spread some cornmeal out on a cutting board and place dough on top of it. Allow dough to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Combine vegan cream cheese, garlic salt, oregano and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Slowly add vegetable broth to the mixture (1 tablespoon at a time) until a smooth sauce is formed. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper to the pan and sauté until tender (approx. 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread the dough out on the baking sheet until desired shape is formed.
- Add sauce to the dough and spread out to the edge - leaving half an inch of crust.
- Top sauce with garlic/shallot mixture, followed by red onion slices and broccolini. Place in the oven and bake until crust is brown and broccolini is tender (approx. 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick your crust is). Remove from the oven.
- Top with lemon zest, pine nuts, fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!