These vegan Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas are a healthy take on a classic take-out item. Serve with fresh salsa and cilantro.
This week is all about love. And what better way to show love to yourself and your loved ones than by feeding your bodies healthy food?
Some people think that just by being vegan, you are automatically super healthy. Which obviously is far from the truth. Case and point - oreos are vegan too 🙂
So to keep us on the healthy train, today I'm sharing a super quick and healthy recipe for Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas.
I used to think that my quesadilla days were long gone. But I swear avocado gives these a creamy, yummy flavor that will have you forgetting cheese was ever meant to be there in the first place.
Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas
- 2 tortillas
- ½ avocado
- ⅓ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne optional
- cilantro optional
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Using a knife, spread avocado evenly on one tortilla. Top with black beans, bell pepper, cumin and cayenne. Top with remaining tortilla.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray. Place quesadilla in the pan and cook until browned on bottom side. Using a spatula, carefully flip quesadilla and brown the other side.* Remove from the pan and slice into 4 pieces. Top with cilantro and serve