Vegan Cajun Black Bean Burgers
These Vegan Cajun Black Bean Burgers are loaded with a zesty patty, cajun aioli and an avocado salsa. The ultimate combo of flavors!
This post is Sponsored by Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine. All of the opinions are my own.
It is officially burger season and I for one am all for it! Give me all of the burgers, burger toppings, burger side dishes. I love it all.
And these burgers are not only easy to make, they are incredibly delicious. PLUS you can make a batch, freeze them and then have burgers on hand whenever the craving hits.
To give these burgers a little something special, I decided to season them with my favorite cajun seasoning – Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. This is literally the only seasoning you need for this recipe. Yep, one and done.
We’re putting it in the burger patties, on the avocado salsa and in the cajun aioli. It gives you just enough salt and zip to get everything seasoned to perfection.
TSV TIP: Do you like cajun flavored food as much as me? Check out my Creamy Vegan Cajun Stuffed Shells for more Tony Chachere’s inspo.
Making the burgers is pretty straightforward. Put everything in a food processor, blend until combined, then form your patties. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the patties on there. Freeze them for at least 20 minutes so they hold their shape while cooking, then start making your toppings.
We all know that I am all about a good sauce. And the cajun aioli for this burger is EVERYTHING. It is a really simple combo of vegan mayo, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and of course…Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
You could put this aioli on just about everything. I tried it out on some avocado toast the other day and it took my toast game to the next level.
The last thing we need to prep is the avocado salsa. Again, another easy topping that packs a TON of flavor. All you need is avocado, tomato, lime juice and Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. This is the cherry on top of this tasty burger.
Once everything is ready, brown your burgers in a pan then load up your buns.
These burgers are the perfect summer dinner. Serve them up with a side salad, some potato chips, a pickle and call it a day.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Vegan Cajun Black Bean Burgers
FOR THE PATTIES
FOR THE CAJUN AIOLI
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
FOR THE BURGERS
- 5 buns
- non-stick spray
- lettuce, tomatoes, red onion
- Add the patty ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until combined – there should still be some chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using about 1/2 cup of patty mixture for each burger, form 5 patties and place them on the baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.*
- While the patties are freezing, prepare the cajun aioli. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend, scraping down the sides until fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside until ready to use.**
- Prepare the avocado salsa by combining the ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning as needed.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add non-stick spray and add the patties to the pan. Cook until browned on both sides (approx. 3-5 minutes per side). Cook in batches if needed.***
- To assemble, layer cajun aioli, lettuce, a patty, onion, tomato and avocado salsa on each bun. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!