This Spicy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Chickpeas is the ultimate quick vegan dinner. Simple ingredients in a light & spicy garlicky sauce.
Pasta, roasted chickpeas and garlic. It doesn’t get more simple…or more delicious! This pasta is seriously so easy and requires just a few staple ingredients. You can eat it hot or cold which makes it the perfect summer pasta.
The best part about this pasta (other than how simple and tasty it is) is that is a complete meal. You’ve got filling carbs, wilted greens and fiber-packed chickpeas all in one pot. Hello, easy vegan dinner.
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
The roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite things to add to pastas and salads. They add fiber, texture and flavor. Three very good things.
All you need to do is load up a can of chickpeas with olive oil and seasonings on a baking sheet. Toss until coated evenly and bake for 20 minutes. I promise that you are going to be obsessed with these bad boys. Check out this recipe for Roasted Chickpea Quinoa Bowls – another one of my faves!
How to Assemble Spicy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Chickpeas
Other than the baking sheet used for roasting the chickpeas, this pasta is made using just one pot. First, boil some water and cook your pasta. Once tender, drain the pasta and place the empty pot back on the stove.
Cook the garlic & spices in some vegan butter & olive oil for about a minute. Add the cooked pasta back to the pan and toss with lemon juice, arugula and the roasted chickpeas.
To serve, add some fresh basil and a final drizzle of olive oil.
This pasta can be served hot or cold and feel free to add some extra greens before serving. Because, we can never have enough greens, right?
Need more vegan pasta inspo? Check out these recipes:
Spicy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Chickpeas
FOR THE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE PASTA
- 12 oz pasta shells
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for topping
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-3 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- fresh basil for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt & pepper to the baking sheet. Toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the boiling water followed by the pasta. Cook according to the package instructions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Then drain the pasta and place the empty pot back on the stove over low heat.
- Add the vegan butter and olive oil to the pot. Once melted, add the garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to the pot and cook until fragrant (approx. 60 seconds).
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, 2 large handfuls of arugula and most of the chickpeas (reserve a few for topping) to the pot. Turn the heat off and stir until everything is combined and the arugula is wilted. Add pasta water as needed.
- Serve pasta with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!