Hummus Pita Pizzas 3 Ways - making vegan pizza at home is super easy when you use hummus and pita bread as your base. Add your favorite toppings and bake!
Pizza, hummus and pita all in one? Sign me up please! But seriously, these Hummus Pita Pizzas are one of the of the easiest ways to enjoy a vegan pizza at home.
Prep your dough (aka pita bread) by taking it out of the package. Ok, step one done.
Next, grab your sauce (aka your favorite hummus) and spread it on the pita bread.
Lastly, grab your favorite toppings and load them up. Pop it in the oven and wait 10 minutes. Is this easy or is this easy?
Need some topping ideas?
I am sharing 3 different ways to make these Hummus Pita Pizzas today - traditional, pesto and spicy. Make one of these, make them all, or pick your own.
I think these pizzas would also go good with some sort of dipping sauce - buffalo, vegan ranch, bbq. I love a good sauce, so feel free to sauce these up to your liking.
Not sure what kind of hummus to use?
I went with traditional, but depending on your toppings, you could do a cilantro hummus, roasted red pepper hummus or spicy hummus. You could also make your own (check out my recipe for Zesty Hummus, if you are looking for a place to start).
I love eating these as a meal, but you could also whip up a bunch of them and serve them as a party appetizer. Finger foods are the best kinds of food.
More of a visual person? Check out the video of how to make these Hummus Pita Pizzas:
Hummus Pita Pizzas 3 Ways
- pita bread
- red onion sliced
- cherry tomatoes cut in half
- red pepper flakes optional
FOR THE PESTO PIZZA
- vegan pesto
- walnuts chopped
- basil chopped
FOR THE SPICY PIZZA
- cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Spread desired amount of hummus on each piece of pita bread.
- Top with onion, cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes.
- If making the pesto pizza, add pesto and walnuts to the base ingredients.
- If making the spicy pizza, add jalapeños to the base ingredients.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bread is crispy. Remove from the oven.
- If making the pesto pizza, top cooked pizza with fresh basil.
- If making the spicy pizza, top cooked pizza with cilantro.
- Slice, serve and eat.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!