These BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are the perfect lunch or dinner when you don't feel like cooking. Topped with Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing & avocado slices.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 tbsp carrots diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing*
- 2 tbsp cilantro diced, plus more for topping
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated
- 2 avocados diced
- lime wedges, radish slices for serving
Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. You can leave some chickpeas intact.
Add the vegan mayo, jalapeño, red onion, carrots, BBQ sauce, smoked paprika, garlic salt & pepper to the chickpeas and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes - can be made 24 hours in advance.
Prepare the Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing while the filling is cooling.
Before serving add 2 tbsp of cilantro to the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.
Spoon the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and top with avocado, cilantro ranch, radish slices and more cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.