This Creamy Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato, Chickpea, Hummus Spaghetti is a simple dinner recipe that is filling, comforting and delicious!
- 8 oz spaghetti dry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup hummus* plus more to taste
- 1 cup pasta water use as needed
- 4 large basil leaves chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, oregano, a pinch of salt & pepper and red pepper flakes to the pan. Sauté until cherry tomatoes start to soften (approx. 3 minutes). Add chickpeas and spinach to the pan and stir until combined.
Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
Add hummus and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the sauce pan. Stir until everything is combined.
Add pasta to the sauce and toss together. If you want it more creamy, you can add additional hummus and/or pasta water. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.**
*I used plain hummus, but you can use any flavor.
**When reheating leftovers, you can add 1 tbsp. of hummus and 1 tbsp. of water to help loosen everything up again.