Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta
This Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta is where East meets West. Vegan beef crumbles are cooked with soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic & ginger.
- 8 oz pasta I used fettuccine noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely diced
- 3 green onions finely diced, whites & greens separated
- 6 oz vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- cilantro for serving
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions - being sure to reserve some of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and whites of the green onion and cook for 60 seconds. Add the vegan beef crumbles, tomato paste, soy sauces, red pepper flakes and a splash of water. Stir to combine and lower heat until the pasta is done cooking.
Use tongs to transfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and add the cabbage. Toss to combine and add pasta water as needed.
To serve, top the pasta with a drizzle of sesame oil, the remaining green onions, cilantro and more red pepper flakes.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 1091mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Iron: 3mg