Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps
These Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect light meal. Loaded with vegan beef crumbles, a hoisin sauce and crunchy water chestnuts.
Servings 10 wraps
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ½ inch fresh ginger diced
- 12 oz vegan beef crumbles
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper diced, optional
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- lime wedges & cashews for serving
Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic & ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add the beef crumbles, hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water chestnuts and serrano pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and cook until hot and bubbly. Stir in ½ of the green onions.
To serve, spoon the filling into each lettuce cup and top with more green onions, cashews and lime wedges.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Iron: 1mg